Sunday, May 22, 2011

A start with new nails, bad pictures and Zoya Pinta

Past few days were really crazy for me. I was working hard which resulted in three broken nails and i decided to trim them in a new way. So my nail shape is quite different now and if i am honest with you i still don't know if i like it. I guess that time will tell.


Eggplants are not my kind of vegetables (in fact i even hate how they taste) but i adore the colour so i chose a polish that looks just like a purple eggplant. Also, in my opinion, short nails combine better with dark than bright colours. This is two coats of Zoya Pinta with top coat. The original formula is just perfect, although mine became quite sticky, i guess the bottle was not properly closed. If you are a bit more talented than i am you could probably use one coat only.


Now to the pictures. I usually paint my nails in the evening under a light that is not really bright. And i take a picture of my manicure right after it is dry. So i somehow need to use flash. Most of the time pictures are fine and catch the real shade but not with this one. In real it doesn't look so black on the nails, most of the time colour is like in the bottle, true dark purple. Also my hands were a bit shaky, sorry for the blurriness.

This is it for today. I think i am ready to start posting regularly. I plan on showing you my current and also older manicures. In near future i will also explain the blog name, banner design, my polish obsession and well, we'll see! Thanks for reading!
DP

1 comment:

  1. I can never decide if I like Pinta or not. I guess it's just one of those that you have to wear and see how it turns out. I like this nail shape on you! And I can't wait for explanation on blog name and everything else, the name surprised me as I can't figure it out where it came from. :)

    ReplyDelete