Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Khm, any title ideas?

Seriously. I have no idea for the title right now but i desperately want to show you some stuff. I wore the same polish twice in one month, i made a nail polish ring and also a clever way to fix your damaged manicure. Lets start on the beginning.


Less then one month ago i wore this red polish and fell in love with it, for me it is a perfect shimmery red. Bright, easy to apply, classy, almost a one coater, good wear (wore it for a week first time around), nice price, interesting but useful brush. The only down side is that this one comes from a limited edition. I present to you Catrice Looking Sunkissed, two thin coats over base coat topped with top coat. 


All above photos are taken under direct sunlight. Do you see all that shimmer? It's just perfect. There are some visible brush strokes with this one but that doesn't really bother me. Also the brush itself is not a standard Catrice one, here it is wide, fat and curved at the bottom. Still, when you get a hold of it, it gets really easy to handle - just look at the application, there was no need for a clean-up!


Moving on. I used this polish a week ago on my much longer nails. I don't think they were ever that long before. But i must say i miss the squared shape, to sad i can't pull it off with that length. All new photos are taken with flash during night. The wear was worse this time around, i used a different base coat and also my hands were under more stress (work and all that). I got serious tip wear after one day and i was lazy so i just fixed my tips with Milani Purple Gleam and it took me exactly 7 minutes including top coat and drying time! And it looked better in real life (picture is bottom left). 

Also you can see my very first nail polish ring. I ordered some cabochons and ring bases from eBay and decided to first try and see how it all works out. I used my fake nails glue (had no other in the house) and it worked out quite neat. I used three coats of China Glaze Ruby Pumps and a coat of Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers (yes, i have that polish and i need to show it to you, i know) for the darker background. The violet particles you see on the bottom right picture is actually the hexagonal glitter from DL polish. I have no idea why it turned out violet, in the bottle it's just red.

How do you like this one? What about the fixing of tip wear idea? And the rings, any colour combination ideas? Are you also creative in this area?

See you soon!
DP

1 comment:

  1. beatiful colour!!

    Iris
    http://www.nailartbyiris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete